Bilingual Safety Program Based on OSHA 1926
FrameSAFE Dashboard: Access to Online Safety Resources
The subscriber-only dashboard includes access to a variety of implementation, training, safety awareness and recordkeeping/reporting resources. (See overview video below.) These resources include an Orientation Checklist (download sample in English or Spanish) to assist in providing a comprehensive safety overview for new employees on a jobsite, Toolbox Talks and Safety Posters that coincide with the manual, a set of safety awareness checklists, and guidelines for handling OSHA inspections.
A FrameSAFE subscription includes a customized pdf copy of the Safety Manual Template, pdfs all English/Spanish Toolbox Talks and Safety Posters on corresponding topics, as well as new materials as they become available.
Version 4 also includes a brand new, step-by-step implementation guide to make the rollout of the program as straightforward as possible for framers, their subcontractors, and GCs. A team of regional mentors was also created to support new FrameSAFE subscribers as they delve into all the program has to offer. These experienced framers are available to assist with any questions subscribers have about implementing the program. Learn more about the regional mentorship program.
“Our goal has always been to get a safety program into the hands of framers and their subcontractors that is affordable, easy to follow, and in their language. FrameSAFE is specific to framers and allows us to train on the same topics as our subs, to be able to have the same expectations for safety on the job. With the enhancements in version 4, more than ever FrameSAFE will ensure everybody is talking the same talk, looking for the same issues, and making sure the workers are protected in the same manner all the time.”
-Ken Shifflett, NFC Safety Committee Chair, Ace Carpentry in Manassas, Virginia
Benefits of being a FrameSAFE subscriber:
The National Framers Council’s highest priority since its inception has been the development of a comprehensive jobsite safety program specific to the framing industry. Now in its fourth edition (v4.1), the FrameSAFE Safety Manual Template (A Bilingual Guide for Safety on the Jobsite) provides an excellent resource for framers to create their own safety program that is based on OSHA Standard 1926.20. The manual is designed such that the English runs on the left-hand pages and the Spanish runs on the right-hand pages, for ease in use on the jobsite.
- A jobsite safety program designed specifically for the framing industry will standardize safety training among Professional Framers across the country.
- The program is easy to use and understand – the graphical English/Spanish layout makes training accessible to everyone.
- A Site-Specific Fall Protection Plan Template allows for additional customization on jobsites where the use of non-conventional fall protection may be necessary for certain work tasks.
- By encouraging your Skilled Subcontractors to participate in this program, your potential liability for injuries and building defects will be reduced. (Read more about NFC’s roadmap for protecting the framer/subcontractor relationship.)
- Your Skilled Subcontractors will be in compliance with OSHA regulations with regard to safety training and a more consistent approach to safety on jobsites will develop among the subcontractor base. (Read more) about the advantages of getting your subs involved.)
- General Contractors will be provided with consistent safety across their jobsites. (Read more)
- Better compliance with third party inspection companies will be achieved.
Step 1: Determine subscription pricing (see below) and purchase online
FrameSAFE subscription pricing depends on your Member Class Level (annual units framed). Only NFC members can become FrameSAFE subscribers.
|Level 1||Student/Individual||Contact Staff|
Step 2: Submit the Customized FrameSAFE Cover Request Form
This provides staff with the necessary information to set up your customized FrameSAFE cover and includes details on the licensing agreement.
Step 3: Receive your customized FrameSAFE documents, print & go!
In 3-4 business days, your customized FrameSAFE documents will be delivered to you as electronic pdfs through an FTP site we will create specifically for your company. The documents are copyrighted and printable, so you will be able to print copies as needed for various jobsites and training opportunities.*Contact staff for information about receiving a sample copy for educational purposes.
Subscriber-only access to the following tools
- Accident Investigation/Reporting
- Fall Protection
- General Jobsite Safety
- Jobsite Equipment
- Personal Safety
- Power-Operated Hand Tools