Submit an Event
SBCA can help support the planning of your chapter, council, or committee event.
Please notify us of your event at least three months in advance
Kickoff Call: Staff will reach out to you to schedule a kickoff call within 7-10 business days.
Timeline: After kickoff call, SBCA Staff will provide a timeline of planning deadlines.
- Online event registration page.
- Event reminder emails for attendees.
- Registration will be tracked, and reports will be sent to the Event Chair once a week.
- Sponsorships will be tracked, and once limit has been reached, they will be removed from the website registration page.
- Registrants will be contacted with any questions regarding their registration before designated cutoff date.
- Registration report will be sent to the Event Chair after designated cutoff date.
- Event page on SBCA website with link on SBCA Calendar (will include a link on council or chapter’s web page)
- Registration page on website
- Social Media Posts/MailChimp Email Blasts.
- One email blast and social media post per month until 1 month before event registration deadline with volume increasing to once a week in the final 30 days before the event registration deadline.
- If you’re collaborating with a charitable organization, social media posts can highlight this organization.
- Highlight in Industry News/Framing News
- When registration opens.
- Based on availability.
- In the weeks leading up to the event.
- Sponsor recognition may appear on print collateral, signage, website, email, social media, giveaways, etc.
- Signage and printing (If applicable) – 6-week turnaround.
- Printed and shipped to location. It will be the Event Chair’s responsibility to store these items for future events.
- Pricing dependent on needs.
If you would like SBCA to handle registration and billing, registrants will need to pay for their admission/sponsorship at the time of registration.
Event Chair Responsibilities
- Creation of budget
- Venue/hotel sourcing or providing recommendations for venue/hotel
- Contracting (SBCA Staff can review contracts if preferred)
- Providing key event details
- Providing general copy for event page, flyers or other promotional material
- Graphic design
- Staff can make recommendations on graphic designers or coordinate with SBCA contracted graphic designers and pass along charges
- Providing a photo for the event page
- A timeline will be provided to the Event Chair. It will be The Event Chair’s responsibility to stay on track with the deadlines provided.
- Telephone recruitment
- SBCA staff can develop a general script for calls
- Provide email list parameters for promotion/Forwarding email promotions or further reach