Submit an Event
SBCA can help support the planning of your chapter, council, or committee event. Please follow the steps below to ensure we receive all of the information necessary for you and your group to have the most successful event possible!
Please submit your event at least three months in advance to receive the full promotional exposure your event deserves.
Step 1: Read through the responsibilities below.
Step 2: Fill out the Submit an Event form.
Step 3: SBCA’s Member Coordinator, Talia Zanotelli will reach out to you to schedule a kickoff call within 7-10 business days
Step 4: Kickoff Call
Step 5: After the kickoff call staff will provide a timeline of planning deadlines to ensure your event is successful.
- Online event registration page.
- Event reminder emails for attendees.
- Registration will be tracked, and reports will be sent to the Event Chair once a week.
- Sponsorships will be tracked, and once limit has been reached, they will be removed from the website registration page.
- Registrants will be contacted with any questions regarding their registration before designated cutoff date.
- Registration report will be sent to the Event Chair after designated cutoff date.
- Event page on SBCA website with link on SBCA Calendar (will include a link on council or chapter’s web page)
- Registration page on website
- Social Media Posts/MailChimp Email Blasts.
- One email blast and social media post per month until 1 month before event registration deadline with volume increasing to once a week in the final 30 days before the event registration deadline.
- If you’re collaborating with a charitable organization, social media posts can highlight this organization.
- Highlight in Industry News/Framing News
- When registration opens.
- Based on availability.
- In the weeks leading up to the event.
- Sponsor recognition may appear on print collateral, signage, website, email, social media, giveaways, etc.
- Signage and printing (If applicable) – 6-week turnaround.
- Printed and shipped to location. It will be the Event Chair’s responsibility to store these items for future events.
- Pricing dependent on needs.
If you would like SBCA to handle registration and billing, registrants will need to pay for their admission/sponsorship at the time of registration.
Event Chair Responsibilities
- Creation of budget
- Venue/hotel sourcing or providing recommendations for venue/hotel
- Contracting (SBCA Staff can review contracts if preferred)
- Providing key event details
- Providing general copy for event page, flyers or other promotional material
- Graphic design
- Staff can make recommendations on graphic designers or coordinate with SBCA contracted graphic designers and pass along charges
- Providing a photo for the event page
- A timeline will be provided to the Event Chair. It will be The Event Chair’s responsibility to stay on track with the deadlines provided.
- Telephone recruitment
- SBCA staff can develop a general script for calls
- Provide email list parameters for promotion/Forwarding email promotions or further reach