84 Lumber Outlines Military Appreciation Activities
Originally Published by: 84 Lumber — April 28, 2022
SBCA appreciates your input; please email us if you have any comments or corrections to this article.
Each year in May, 84 Lumber celebrates Military Appreciation Month through its annual Operation Appreciation campaign. The building materials supplier is continuing the tradition this May through a variety of giveaways, donations and partnerships.
“For over 65 years, 84 Lumber has been committed to honoring and giving back to our military,” said 84 Lumber Vice President of Marketing Amy Smiley. “Operation Appreciation is just one of the many ways we show gratitude to those who have served, and we’re proud to be able to honor these heroes.”
For this year’s campaign, 84 Lumber announced several ways the company is celebrating the military throughout May:
- The company committed to a $10,000 “Donation of the Week” every single week during May. There will be four total donations to various military related charities totaling $40,000.
- 84 Lumber is partnering with the Pittsburgh Pirates for the month of May to develop memorable programs and activations to honor heroes. The partnership will include an Armed Forces Appreciation Game & Skyblast on May 21st, Military Mondays and Flag Raising Ceremonies.
- The company is sharing Dylan Fessler’s story on social media and during a Pittsburgh Pirates military game. Dylan is an associate at the Newnan, Georgia 84 Lumber store, who served in the U.S. Army Infantry and has a passion for recruiting other Veterans and helping them transition into a new career after the military.
- Each 84 Lumber associate nationwide will be sporting a custom Operation Appreciation t-shirt.
- The company announced a new benefit for 84 Lumber Veteran or active-duty associates. Starting this year, every 84 Lumber associate who is a Veteran or active duty will be given an extra paid day off to use on a Veteran-related holiday, such as Veteran’s Day or Memorial Day, each year. This will give associates a chance to attend ceremonies in honor of our military on these important holidays.
- On social media, 84 Lumber is featuring an assortment of military- and Veteran-owned companies throughout the month. Following the features, 84 Lumber will be hosting a giveaway on social media, where one lucky social media fan will receive an assortment of goods purchased from each Veteran-owned company.
In addition to the month-long promotions, 84 Lumber honors Veterans year-round through a 10 percent discount for all military personnel and first responders. The company also has combat-wounded purple parking spots at every store nationwide and puts a strong emphasis on hiring former military members as well.
“We are honored to have the opportunity to thank our country’s heroes,” said Smiley. “In previous years, we’ve given away a tiny house, awarded veterans with $8,400 to their local stores, launched partnerships with organizations like the Fisher House Foundation, and much more. We look forward to continuing this tradition, and we hope it makes a difference this year.”
84 Lumber is the nation’s largest privately held building materials supplier. To learn more about 84 Lumber or to follow along with the Operation Appreciation Campaign, visit 84lumber.com or follow Facebook.com/84Lumber, Instagram.com/84Lumber and linkedin.com/company/84-lumber.