Webinar: Improving Safety Through Hierarchy of Controls
Originally Published by: EHS Today — May 23, 2023
SBCA appreciates your input; please email us if you have any comments or corrections to this article.
Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Time: 2:00 PM ET / 1:00 PM CT / 11:00 AM PT / 6:00 PM GMT
Duration: 1 Hour
Already registered? Please click here to log in!
Discover the key to mitigating risks effectively with the practical implementation of the Hierarchy of Control. Join us as we delve into this widely accepted method for identifying and implementing control measures that can prevent workplace injuries and illnesses.
In this webinar, attendees will gain valuable knowledge about each level of the hierarchy, including elimination, substitution, engineering controls, administrative controls and personal protective equipment.
- Learn how to proficiently identify potential hazards in your workplace and accurately evaluate their risks
- Understand how to choose the most suitable control measures from the hierarchy to effectively manage identified risks
- Gain practical guidance on implementing and monitoring control measures to ensure their continuous effectiveness in mitigating risks
- Explore inspiring examples of organizations that have successfully implemented the Hierarchy of Controls, experiencing remarkable reductions in workplace incidents
- Discover strategies and best practices for significantly reducing risk by leveraging the power of the Hierarchy of Controls
Grab this opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of risk mitigation and empower your organization with invaluable knowledge of the Hierarchy of Controls.
Phil Welch, IOSH, AIEMA | General Manager – EHS | ComplianceQuest
A passionate culture changer, Phill is a senior EHS leader with more than 20 years of global experience in operational excellence, EHS, manufacturing and services in both facility and corporate EHS leadership roles. Phill has successfully driven change and coached continuous improvement in health, safety, and environmental programs. In addition, Phill has worked as a World Class Manufacturing (WCM) leader with a proven record of accomplishments in EHS&Q and Operations.
Gary Cluck, MA | Senior Project Manager | Langan Engineering
Gary is an EHS Business Transformation Consultant with over 30 years of experience and a focus on EHS process optimization. He has held various EHS positions in manufacturing and corporate environments (food, chemical, pharma, consumer electronics). He helps clients digitally transform EHS processes to improve company efficiency and meet their organizational goals.