Next Steps in Revolutionizing the Industry with SBCA’s In-plant Digital QC Program
Tuesday, April 28 2020 1:00pm (America/Chicago)
SBCA is involved with “In-plant Quality Control” programs to fulfill its mission of members gaining the knowledge and power to run successful, growing, profitable companies offering a compelling competitive advantage in the marketplace for their customers and professional growth for employees.
- SBCA Digital QC
- SBCA In-Plant Wood Truss QC
- SBCA Wall Panel QC
- Cold-Formed Steel Truss QC
- Cold-Formed Steel Wall Panel QC
The SBCA In-plant QC program has not changed at all; it is fundamentally the same and for those who do not want to change anything, that is an option.
For those who are looking toward a far more innovative future, SBCA’s In-plant Digital QC program rollout will increase your truss plant’s operational knowledge. With objective data acquisition as the foundation, some may be wondering how Digital QC will fit into current plant operations, how steep the learning curve is, what the immediate benefits are, and how to use the data to improve long-term management information systems. Attend this webinar to hear from three component manufacturers who have worked closely with SBCA staff by providing critical feedback. They have helped to create and evolve Digital QC by incorporating early versions of the program into their in-plant QC operations. Mike Honeycutt of BFS, Wyatt Stroder of California TrusFrame, and Josh Dermer of American Truss will discuss their experience with the program, both on the development side and how this tool has improved their plant inspection process. The session will be moderated by Evan Protexter of SBCA Staff.
- Josh Dermer started out in the industry at 15 working for the family truss business during the summer. With over 15 years of experience in the plant, he has spent time performing every job and now leads design work for American Truss.
- Mike Honeycutt began his career as a truss designer in 2003 and moved into management in 2019 as the truss software training program manager at Builders FirstSource. Mike also oversees Quality Control for BFS and enjoys finding new and innovative ways to increase productivity through positive measurement and growth.
- Wyatt Stroder has worked for California TrusFrame since 2017 primarily devoted to management of quality control company-wide for CTF. Under Wyatt's management all CTF facilities have achieved SBCRI QC Certification, and he and his team have been involved in testing and providing feedback on the Digital QC Program.